Access Statement – 2023 Season
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the accommodation facilities and surroundings within the park. Our aim is to help in anyway that we can and if you require any assistance during your stay or whilst planning your visit we will be delighted to assist. Our current facilities and services offered are:
- We cater for tents, motor caravans and touring caravans and have static caravans for rent. Seasonal pitches available for touring caravans and motorhomes.
- We can post a copy of this access statement if required.
- Staff always accept Type Talk calls.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Reception area has a large tarmac area at the front for parking.
- There are no entrance barriers and entrance gates are open 24hours a day.
- All facilities are clearly signposted.
- There is a slightly sloping wide tarmac path up to the door and slightly sloping access through the door.
- There is ample room within for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- Access is directly from the car parking area.
- The door is 90cm wide.
- The Reception is on one level
- The counter is 94cm high.
- Staff will offer assistance if required.
- Calor, camping gas and chemical toilet fluid is available to purchase at Reception.
- We are a working farm with no direct public access to animals.
- Tarmac/rough gravel/grass service all parts of the park and speed signs are clearly marked.
- The park is situated on slightly sloping fields in open countryside.
- There are no footpaths following the roads.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads at all times and not left unattended.
Public Areas – WC
- The park has two toilet blocks; the small toilet block is situated at the reception/shop and the larger, main toilet block is situated in the main camping/touring field.
- The small toilet block provides level entry to toilets and basins and a baby changing room.
- There is room for parking outside the toilet blocks.
- Limited unmarked parking
- Level access throughout
- There are two top loading washing machines (height 90cm)
- Electric switches for irons are accessible from seated or standing position – two fixed ironing boards.
- Front opening tumble dryer.
- Two clothes washing sinks
- Irons available to hire at Reception
- An extra field is opened in summer school holidays for ball games – grass and slightly sloping, children are responsibility of parent/guardians at all times.
- Pedal bikes are allowed on site if used cautiously. We will not be held responsible for any damage or harm caused whilst cycling on Park.
- Separate dog walking area. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads at all times and never left unattended.
Static Holiday Caravans
- 18 caravans have 2/3/4 steps to their main door, each have hand rail on one side.
- 2 caravans have a ramp 100cm wide to main door 72cm wide, with hand rail to one side.
- Each comprise of between 2 & 3 bedrooms sleeping a maximum of 8 guests, shower room, lounge & kitchen. All have their own parking at rear for 1 car.
- All our caravans are non-smoking and some where a maximum of 2 dogs are allowed (please specify on booking). No cats allowed.
- Please refer to holiday home diagrams on our website for details of each type of holiday home.
- We have 90 pitches for tents, motor caravans and touring caravans.
- Please specify on booking if you would like one of our hard standing pitches, two are near to the facilities. All other pitches are grass.
- The park has two toilet blocks open 24 hours a day; the small toilet block is situated at the reception and the larger main toilet block is situated centrally to the touring/camping fields.
- Access to main toilet block is by slightly sloping tarmac path..
- The main toilet block comprises 3 family rooms with shower/toilet/basin. Separate ladies and gents with showers, individual basins and toilets. Unisex disabled room with shower, toilet, wash basin and baby changing. Dishwashing area with two sinks and 1 food preparation sink. Sinks are 84cm high. Chemical toilet disposal point. All with level entry.
- The majority of pitches are on grass; some touring caravans are on gravel hardstands with grass awning areas.
- Parking on the grass beside your caravan or tent is allowed.
- There are numerous water points, dustbin areas, recycling points and fire points on the park.
- Mobile phone (we find 02 one of the best) and TV reception can be poor. Digital signal only.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on leads and not left unattended.
- Pitches can be pre-booked and staff are happy to advise on the location and suitability for your requirements on enquiry.
Grounds and Gardens
- The site is slightly sloping in open countryside, hedgerows divide the park into 5 different areas.
- There is abundant natural wildlife.
- Mobile telephone coverage is poor in some areas. (we find 02 one of the best for signal)
- Local taxis service the park.
- Nearest train stations Totnes and Paignton
- John, Liz, Andy and Beth Ball, Higher Well Farm Holiday Park, Waddeton Road, Stoke Gabriel, Totnes Devon. TQ9 6RN
- Telephone 01803 782289
- Email [email protected] enquiries only
- Website www.higherwellfarmholidaypark.co.uk
- Site open 1 week before Easter to end of October
- Hours of operation dependent on time of year, phone for more details.
- Online booking available on our website.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the park. If this statement does not answer your particular question please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your question and amend this statement for future use.